The current series has the following
additions, changes, and options
- A custom fitted nylon dust cover
is now included to protect the telescope tube and mount when
not in use. It is water proof, but has breathable air flaps.
- As a service to our customers,
a CD ROM of each telescope's test images will be sent to them.
- The steel telescope forks are
now sandblasted and heat treated during the fabricating/welding
process to insure maximum accuracy.
- The formed/ TIG welded steel
trunion boxes are are also sand blasted and heat treated prior
to Blanchard grinding on the front and rear faces and then the
final machining of the side axle hubs.
- The large cast aluminum mirror
cell spider frame is Blanchard ground parallel on both sides.
- The steel spider vanes have
4 cross holes each for convenient attachment of prime focus cable
- The four each foot attachment
threaded cross bars are now stainless steel.
- The primary mirror cases are
all the deluxe type shown on the Q & A page.
- The 8 carbon fiber truss tubes
are a heavier wall for added resistance to bending.
- The drive controller EPROMS
are V 1.17 and allow resyncing on objects from within The
Sky during PC control.
- Hand controls are now available
with a longer 10 meter cord length on some units.
- Truss tube light shroud. This is an easily removable one
piece black breathable cloth fitted cover made from very light
weight car cover type material. Although it is 22 square feet
in size, it weighs less than 5 ounces. It is sewn as 4 panels
and has a full length zipper and velcro attachment points. A
4 piece stamped steel frame couples the cover to the trunion
box with screws. Along with helping reduce stray light effects,
this will help minimize dewing on the optics.
- 5 meter hand control extensions
allowing up to 15 meters (50 feet) total when combined with 10
- A miniature stepper focus motor
option is now available for remote PC focus control and Centurions
can be prewired for this option. Included are a gearhead stepper,
gearing, mounting bracket and 6 pin modular electrical connector.
Motor's torque and speed are optimally matched to not damage
focus mechanism if over-run. Note: The software and motion
controller-driver are not available from Astro Works.
Home Page | History | Specifications
| Q & A | Gallery